Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Day After....

Well, there was one last entry into the pool for NSP Day (celebrated yesterday) but I went to bed before 11pm so I didn't open the email until today......and this one just might be the winner:

Statgirl,
Sorry I missed class tonight but first I forgot that we were meeting at the library so I went to the regular classroom. Then I saw your reminder note to meet at the library, but I couldn't find it. Sorry.
Lost

In my fantasy I would click reply:

Lost,
Perhaps you are just not student material, after all , the library is the largest building located exactly in the center of our small campus and one of the few building that isn't sitting behind a placard bearing some benefactor's last name--the big stone sign actually says "Library". You most likely drove past it to get to the building where our class is usually held. (If you didn't then there is a good chance that you were driving the wrong way on a one-way street.) ---Statgirl

PS No need to apologize, it is not problematic for my learning and understanding that you missed class tonight, I already have a good understanding of the course material.


As for the rest of today...it was good progress on the things I need to do list. However, I'm terrible at estimating how much time it will take to complete things and I don't get to cross much off the list. I'm thinking of listing things in smaller tasks so I than I can do some crossing off--it's mostly psychological, I know, but I want to feel good about finishing things rather than be so focused on what is left to complete and gets carried over to the following day.

One more manuscript to review and then sleepy time for statgirl........

No comments: