The Recipe For Statgirl
3 parts Brilliance
2 parts Desire
1 part Friendship
Splash of Nonconformity
Limit yourself to one serving. This cocktail is strong!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
|Your Candy Heart Says "Get Real"|
You don't lose your head, and hardly anyone penetrates your heart.
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: is all about the person you're seeing (with no mentions of v-day!)
Your flirting style: honest and even slightly sarcastic
What turns you off: romantic expectations and "greeting card" holidays
Why you're hot: you don't just play hard to get - you are hard to get
Saturday, February 02, 2008
So how about those changes:
I've decided it's time to work a little on my personal life. Kind of ironic that the words "I've decided" actually sound like I've taken control of this.... not really how it happened at all. Maybe it's not even really working on my personal life; but rather just letting things grow in my personal life without quashing them.
So in a relatively short period of time (within the last six months) I have:
- Fallen in love.
- Applied and gotten a new job that is at a big research university but is not a tenure track job like the current spot. (Mr. Big saw a job posting that 'looked kind of like what I do')
- Decided to take said job and move 700 miles away from current location but happily is within 50 miles of good friends.
- . . . And within 2 miles of Mr. Big ... so also made decision to move in with Mr. Big.
- Took Mr. Big home over the holidays and told family that I have taken new job and will be moving in with Mr. Big.
- Returned for the new semester and informed everyone it will be my last semester here.
Seems a bit ridiculous to bullet point them as they have obviously been major life changing events for me...complete with ups and downs that have stretched my tiny emotional range. So more on the details later.....