So how about those changes:
I've decided it's time to work a little on my personal life. Kind of ironic that the words "I've decided" actually sound like I've taken control of this.... not really how it happened at all. Maybe it's not even really working on my personal life; but rather just letting things grow in my personal life without quashing them.
So in a relatively short period of time (within the last six months) I have:
- Fallen in love.
- Applied and gotten a new job that is at a big research university but is not a tenure track job like the current spot. (Mr. Big saw a job posting that 'looked kind of like what I do')
- Decided to take said job and move 700 miles away from current location but happily is within 50 miles of good friends.
- . . . And within 2 miles of Mr. Big ... so also made decision to move in with Mr. Big.
- Took Mr. Big home over the holidays and told family that I have taken new job and will be moving in with Mr. Big.
- Returned for the new semester and informed everyone it will be my last semester here.
Seems a bit ridiculous to bullet point them as they have obviously been major life changing events for me...complete with ups and downs that have stretched my tiny emotional range. So more on the details later.....