Monday, September 05, 2005

Blogging Beginnings.......

OK...I have been reading lots of academic blogs and have several regulars that I like to visit and decided maybe I could do this too! Hey, my academic life is at least as nerdy and dull as the rest of them! Actually, I find that that stereotype isn't all that accurate---very few of my academic friends qualify as dull ---now, nerdy is another story (I am a stat person and 'nerdy' is hard to escape).

The secondary reason I'm joining the blogger world is to keep record of the transition of my career from grad student to tenure track position (keep your fingers crossed!). After having watched others go through the process--I'm pretty sure that a year or two from now I will be able to look back on this time and enjoy the stress being over. I'm also hoping maybe to gain some support and job hunting tips from my fellow academic bloggers....so please feel free to offer advice to this novice academic.

So here I am..... now I should get back to that literature review I'm plugging away on. :-(

No comments: