Friday, October 21, 2005

Let the games begin!!!

I did it!! I went to the post office and sent out the first three completed application packets--all 50+ pages of stuff that the ads requested. Now, of course, I have to obsess about any possible mistake I could have made even though I painstakingly read and reread each letter, checked a million times for typos, had friends read, etc. My immediate thought upon exiting the post office was : "What if I put them in the wrong envelopes!???" --now rationally, I know that I checked (twice) before sealing---but it's just my nature to obsess about this kind of thing. I'm very good at mathy, nerdy stuff and can organize big projects but little details like photocopying, putting together teaching evals , etc. are difficult for me. The exact same thing happens when I'm writing for publication--I get the big pieces put together and then have near nervous breakdowns over little things like formatting a table. Go figure.....

No comments: