Sunday, October 02, 2005

Grading....

Just reading around the academic blogosphere today it seems like several of us were engaged in grading activities today. Ifinished grading all the exams and posted scores. Overall, I am quite pleased with my students performance--although I'm worried about some of the lower scores because they were really low. Like so low, I don't think the book was even touched and I'm thinking maybe classtime was naptime?? Judging by the number of very high scores the exam was not all that difficult, so a low score is pretty indicative of either a student doing very little or a real lack of understanding.

I still have several homework assignments to finish grading and rough drafts I should read but they are going to have to wait until after I finish writing an exam for another class. I usually don't wait until the last minute to write but the motivation bug has not struck.

Not sure when I will actually have time to do something that will add some depth to my CV......

No comments: