Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Real Wednesday Whining

I am having one of those moments where it just seems like everything is not going to get done. . .

Too many whining students. Why, oh why, did I have to get the most 'high maintenence' group of students I have ever had in my very last semester at PhD school? Why do I feel so obligated to help each and every one of them--it's not like if I get a bad evaluation I will be fired. They are just too needy and I don't have it to give right now. Ugh...

Too many things left to pack. Will it ever end? Progress is happening and home doesn't look like home anymore. I'm so glad I have a place to go to next week where I am comfortable and I don't have to wake up in this mess everyday. However, I will be making several trips back to finish the packing.

To many little things to do: call about utilities turn off in old home, find wardrobe boxes, get new tires on car for roadtrip, set up cable/internet in new house, find time to answer student emails, locate a quiet moment in my day to think about conference proposal, make time to see friends that are calling and wanting to have breakfast/dinner/drink before I go (where were all these people a month ago when I was dragging around bored out of my mind with no motivation to work?).. . . the list goes on and on......

2 comments:

Mon said...

I too am making a packing mess and could use some wardrobe boxes!

PG said...

Statgirl...sounds like you could be me. I'm thinking about teaching a stats course this year -am a Ph.D. student in social science. Question - what do your students call you? Do you get them to call you "Professor X" - to remind them that you're not their friends. Or, are you pretty easygoing about it and get them to refer to you by your first name?