Monday, July 17, 2006

Countdown begins tomorrow. . .

Last full week in current location--tomorrow begins the rocket ship countdown 10...9...8.... before you know it I will be in New Job City. Can't to spend my first night in my new house.

Meanwhile, Bastille Day was a success and even though I was completely tired I made it until almost 11 pm and managed to stay involved in conversation without drifting too much.

Sat. night I was social AGAIN at a friends new house for a BBQ. Spent today packing some more---disconnected all electronics and got a good start on the kitchen. Still have 4 days to finish before the movers show up to load on Friday.

Good news of the day: Booked a flight to Europe for conference this fall--looking forward to it!!!

3 comments:

phd me said...

Yeah! Good luck with these last few days. Become deaf to student whining and enjoy the anticipation of moving to your new home. (Okay, the whole moving thing is really too stressful to actually enjoy BUT it pays off in the end, trust me.)

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Abbey said...

I hope packing is going well. Although I don't like to physically move boxes or say goodbye to friends, I always get a kick out of seeing all my things I forgot about going into a box.