Saturday, November 12, 2005

Tastes Meme

Dr. Crazy invented this one and since I need to go to the grocery store today this seems like an appropriate post.

Favorite food on a cold, rainy, fall day: Soup, of course! Chili, maybe? or perhaps aspargus soup made by DA ?--> mmmmmmm!!
Favorite food on a hot, humid, summer day: No food, just beer--Corona with lime. OK, if I have to have food with that---I like country ham and a couple cornichon on a baguette with just a touch of butter.
Favorite food when I'm feeling depressed or PMS-y: Chocolate and California Rolls (no--not together! Yuck!) Anything really greasy and bad for me is a close second.
Favorite food that is an embarassment to enjoy eating, because for some reason a lot of people find it gross: Mashed potatoes, with peas or corn, all covered in chicken gravy.
Favorite dinner made by my mother: Thankgiving/Christmas--traditional style : turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie.
Favorite dinners made by my grandmother: I used to love to back blueberry muffins with my grandma when I was young and she taught me how to make the best pie crust ever as well. I like it with peach or blueberry the best!
Favorite dinners made by me: I have lots of recipes I like--just depends on my mood. And I love preparing something new that I find in a cookbook or food magazine. Cooking is a very grounding process for me and helps me to unwind.
Favorite desserts that I make: Red Velvet Cake, White Wedding Cake, Chocolate Mousse, and Gingerbread.

And I need to add a category:

Favorite Appetizer or Snack-y Food: Cheese! Boursin, comte, port salut, chevre, bleu . . . (and a glass of red wine, please!)

No comments: