Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On writing, thinking, and grading

Writing: A productive 2 days so far- draft of summer grant proposal completed, but conference proposal not yet finished.

Thinking: Reading and new idea formulated for next semester research project--I'm thinking outside my comfort zone and it is a bit scary but exciting at the same time.

Grading: Have decided not to work into the wee hours to finish grading my students most recent assignment. I always hand back things the next week...except this time...how terrible am I making them wait another week...no! Wait! ....waiting two more weeks because next week is a holiday.....mabye I should have graded until the wee hours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always hand things back pretty quickly. But, I am behind on grading, so I've told my students to expect a mountain of graded papers after Thanksgiving. A lot of us seem to be a bit behind in grading, so don't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

I agree. No worries. I'm not a prof, so maybe I can't truly weigh in here, but...I think the students can have a bit of patience. It's not THAT long to wait.