Sunday, November 05, 2006

I love yardwork?

What? Could it actually be possible that I enjoyed raking the leaves in my yard today? Why, yes! It felt good to be in my yard with my rake cleaning up the leaves. Now I'm hoping it doesn't suddenly get windy tomorrow because I filled my yard waste container and still have random piles of leaves in my backyard that will have to wait until I purchase some yard waste bags tomorrow. It was a nice moment standing on the back deck looking at those piles of leaves that I raked together. Not something I ever thought I would enjoy doing, but I did.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

And it's good exercise, too!

(Sheesh, I need to get some exercise...)

Here's to hoping you don't have any wind!

Anonymous said...

I hated yard work growing up. But, after I got my own house, suddenly it was exciting to have to mow the lawn, plant shrubs, etc. It was now MY property, my little piece of the planet that I bought. That makes all the difference.