Thursday, August 23, 2007

First day of teaching

Today I met both of my classes for the first time and things went well. I really like my doctoral seminar class --it's a great group of students who are really interested in the topic. I'm going to look forward to this group each week. My other class was fine...except for the mob outside the door hoping to get a seat...even though I've had a sign on my door for a week saying the course was closed. # of seats = # of butts--can't change that math.

In other news...I will be flying over the big bond in less than 48 hours. I'm so not ready or willing for this trip..but it is going to happen anyway. At least the paper I'm presenting is done.....still need to make a flashy powerpoint to show of my less than stellar findings.

Sleepy statgirl needs some ZZZZzzzzzz........

No comments: