Here's the rundown:
- 3 days in Paris
- Numerous little towns in champagne--bonus! we were there during harvest time and saw the grape pickers in action. We met the cutest family in a tiny village who invited us to their midmorning meal. The men were in the fields and the women were making food for 50 people in the kitchen--they were lovely!
- 2 nights in a B&B in a chateau (with a moat--how cool!)
- 1 night in a cute hotel in the middle of nowhere--a bit of a walk in the country and a wonderful meal.
- 3 days in little university town in Germany for the conference
- Found a festival in Heidelburg--nothing like beer stands everywhere serving beer in glass steins to people wandering the cobblestone streets.
It was a super vacation-I mean conference for work.......
However, my return home has been difficult--I was welcomed by a sick kitty (I think she went on a hunger strike?) and a car that wouldn't start. Much stressing and distressing about the cat, a tow truck and $400 later, I have car that is running and a cat that seems to be on recovery road--thank goodness!!! Now....back to work.....