Monday, July 30, 2007

1st 5 day week in a long time...

since I've been traveling quite a bit this summer. Today was mostly a day of categorizing, organizing, and prioritizing. Managed to lock the computer up in data analyses three times before giving up and just answering a bunch o' emails that were waiting for replies. I avoided all emails asking about textbook choices for fall, I noticed that the bookstore has the title, auther, and ISBN on the website and if students just aren't bright enough to look that up why should I cut and paste info from my syllabus? I've got more pressing issues to take care of.

I'm at a standstill with a student working on a proposal, Stu Dent just can't seem to coordinate the research question with the analyses. Now having been through this same issue numerous times with same Stu Dent I'm just not going to break down and walk Stu through it again. This time Stu is just going to have to figure it out on her own. Too cruel? I think not. (but give me 10 minutes and I might rethink it all.)

No comments: