Monday, September 04, 2006

'Fitting in' in New City

One of the toughest things about taking a new job is finding a way to fit into New City. However this weekend I feel like I have made some progress:
  • Sunday evening I had my very first dinner guests in my new home. We had a great time and good food. I have the very best porch in the world for drinking wine. :-)
  • Tonight I was invited to dinner by neighbors and also met other people on my street. They were super nice and I really enjoyed talking with them. Hopefully I will get to know them all better as time goes by.

In other news:

I bought a dining room table today--unfortunately I picked out a table that was not in stock and now I have to wait approximately 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. Oh well, I don't have 6 friends yet to seat at my new table--so now I have a goal--make that many friends before the table arrives.

DA is coming to visit this next weekend--we have a paper to write. She will be my very first "official" houseguest--looking forward to hosting her and spending some time with her.

I have an RA--what am I supposed to have said RA do right now--I'm so unsure of what the expectation is and honestly I am not organized enough right now to even know what I need done at this point. This will be my point to ponder tomorrow morning before my afternoon meeting.

I set up my wireless today---and it works--now I just need to figure out how to go back and make it password protected so I am not sharing with everyone in the neighborhood.

Looking forward to a productive week....

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

When initially at a total loss -- have RAs do things like lit reviews that you'll need in the future, subscribe you to RSS feeds of relevant journals, organize files, etc.