Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rambling Thoughts...

  1. I have so many things to be working on right now and I finally just finished grading everything so I can move on to writing, but I have no idea even where to begin. I seriously sat down to organize my 'to do's for tomorrow and I didn't even know what to write down. How much of a set back is it to have to reassess where I am on every project and figure out what the next steps and then pick one and get going??? Can 5 straight days of grading and off task things really disorient me that much!? Apparently ..yes.
  2. Why am I not very motivated to write my "I'm so great letter" and "teaching philosophy statement" so I can start applying for jobs? I've never really thought that I was one of those people who are fearful of success or failure; however, since my motivation to 'just do it' is so low I must be fearful of something (or maybe I'm just tired).
  3. Literature reviews are so boring so write, but they are even worse to revise. Now that it looks like the target journal is changing, this may also involve some reorganization. That may rank even lower than revising a lit. review.
  4. Data, data everywhere...but no time to analyze.

Time for some sleepytime tea and a little shut eye..... maybe this will all look better tomorrow.

No comments: